uses the AMICO Library and why
- What is current practice in image based research and teaching? Who
uses images now?
- What is anticipated to be better enabled or less well enabled with
the AMICO Library?
- What uses are required? What additional uses are desired? Can degrees
of relative benefits from different kinds of uses be determined?
- Over the course of the project, who used the AMICO Library for what
kinds of purposes?
Determine how the AMICO Library is accessed and used
- How is the resource discovered? What are the minimum metadata?
- What kind of overview is needed of the entire resource? What kinds
of access are required?
- Is this access provided in the AMICO data structure as proposed/delivered?
Are retrieval requirements met? What additional data enhancement is
required to ensure accessibility?
- Is the content of the AMICO Library sufficiently consistent to enable
- What kinds of additional links and references would be valuable?
Increase understanding of user needs for teaching and research
use of the AMICO Library and the systems architectures needed to support
How can the AMICO Library best be delivered?
- How are items in the Library being retrieved, collated, analyzed
- Does the delivery architecture enable the required uses? If not,
- What changes are required to enable desired uses? What tools are
needed and by whom?
- What strategies could encourage or increase the use of the AMICO
- What are the concrete requirements for images in different applications?
Who decides to acquire such a resource and what information do they
- Is licensed access more cost effective and valuable than local content
- Is the use of an existing distributor the most appropriate way to
reach academic users?
- What are acceptable pricing structures? What are appropriate license
- What is the best way to integrate the AMICO Library with existing
- Are there reasons to store data locally? How could the distribution
mechanism facilitate this?
- How was sound and motion image content used? Are its distribution
Establish if the license terms proposed by the AMICO Consortium are
- How can these people be reached to make them aware of the AMICO
- How are decisions made to acquire digital resources? How are potential
acquisitions assessed? How can AMICO support the decision-making process?
- Where does the value in the AMICO Library reside? How can it be
- What do decision makers in the AMICO Library's acquisition value
- What are appropriate/acceptable pricing structures or strategies?
- Are there appropriate ways of 'chunking' the Library to make it
more attractive to users?
Design means for user feedback and dialogue with AMICO members
- Can the terms of the license be administered within the university
- Are the desired uses enabled by the license?
- Are there required changes? What are the priorities for these?
- What additional licenses would the university community like to
see offered? for alumni? families? etc.?
- Were the public web site thumbnails and tombstone data used to support
the curriculum development process (enabling faculty to plan to use
the Library prior to licensing)?
- Is the public web site seen as a barrier to future licensing?
Understand user priorities for content development, and design AMICO
strategies to meet these needs
- How can AMICO best discover, on a on-going basis, what the user
- How can we encourage scholarly information flow from users to AMICO
- What kinds of mechanisms can we put in place to enable collaboration
between academic users and museum staff in areas of mutual interest?
- What role should the distributor play in mediating between AMICO
and the users of the AMICO Library?
- What role might users play in an AMICO General Meeting?
- What kinds of support is essential, or desirable from an AMICO distributor?
- Is the AMICO Library as useful research resource?
- What are the best strategies for reaching 'critical mass'?
- What are user priorities for library development?
- How is depth of documentation valued in comparison with breadth
- Should AMICO be focused on developing a broader membership base,
or in encouraging greater coverage of the collections of its existing
- What multi-media data content is desirable and useful?
- Is intensive content development in particular subject or disciplines
needed to enable required uses?
- How high a priority is the content of museum collections from outside