Download 2000 Achievements as a .PDF
Events are in reverse-chronlogical order.
- The AMICO Library is the Featured Collection
in the December issue of D-Lib Magazine, an online publication on issues
relating to digital libraries, http://www.dlib.org/dlib/december00/12contents.html
- AMICO UK Trial underway.
- First subscriptions to The AMICO Library via
the JISC are received.
- AMICO is named as an Affiliate Society of the
College Art Association.
- Joint Information Systems Committee (JISC)
of the UK Higher Education Authority agrees to license The AMICO Library
for approximately 190 UK Universities and over 1.2 million undergraduate
students. UK Higher Education.
- The Florida State Library Consortium subscribes
to The AMICO Library, providing access to all 10 state universities
- The Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts, Philadelphia,
PA and the Walters Art Museum in Baltimore, MD become AMICOís newest
- AMICO announces a K-12 School Testbed Project
to investigate of the AMICO Library at the elementary and secondary
- The Clark Art Institute in Williamstown, MA
- Antenna Audio, a leading provider of museum audio
tours, agrees to provide AMICO with audio clips to augment Member works
in The AMICO Library, enhancing the depth of information available.
- Over 700,000 students at more than 110 campuses
in North America have subscription access to the Library during FY2001.
- Income to the AMICO Library from subscribers
exceeds income from membership dues.
- AMICO members, meeting in San Francisco, discuss
plans for adding depth and breadth to The AMICO Library during FY2001.
- AMICO launches a summer intern program, bringing
students and teachers to Pittsburgh to begin the process of editing
The AMICO Library and adding authority enhancements.
- A profile of The AMICO Library, including an
analysis of its strengths and weaknesses vis a vis standard textbooks,
is completed. Discussion of its implications by AMICO members is encouraged
as prelude to annual meeting planning.
- AMICO members attending Museums and the Web 2000
again take advantage of subsidized workshop opportunities.
- AMICO Library contributions for the year 2000
Library submitted to AMICO.
- University of Michigan becomes first subscriber
to decide to locally mount the full AMICO Library on its campus for
- Elementary schools in New York State and the
Whitney Museum of American Art begin experimental program with The AMICO
- AMICO holds first ìusers groupî meeting in conjunction
with ARLIS/NA. Its success ensures that future meetings will be planned.
- Dallas Museum of Art, Denver Museum of Art and
the Museum of the Americas Foundation join AMICO. Membership has grown
by 50% over two years.